CSBP’s process safety team provides guidance and assistance to facilitate legislative compliance under the Dangerous Goods Safety Act 2004 and supporting regulations, including Major Hazard Facility safety reports, risk assessments, and other regulatory requirements.
The team liaises regularly with the Department of Mines Industry, Regulation and Safety on legislative matters.
In Western Australia, CSBP monitors and ensures compliance with the Dangerous Goods Safety Act 2004 and its supporting suite of Regulations and Codes of Practices, which include the following:
- Dangerous Goods Safety (Storage and Handling of Non-explosives) Regulations 2007
- Dangerous Goods Safety (Major Hazard Facilities) Regulations 2007
- Dangerous Goods Safety (Security Risk Substances) Regulations 2007
- Dangerous Goods Safety (Road and Rail Transport of Non-explosives) Regulations 2007
- Safe Storage of Solid Ammonium Nitrate Code of Practice
- Storage and Handling of Dangerous Goods Code of Practice
- Petroleum Pipelines Regulations 1970
In Victoria, Australian Vinyls operate a Major Hazard Facility under the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007. Australian Vinyls monitor and ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004, the Dangerous Goods Act 1985 and the Environment Protection Act 1970 and their supporting legislative frameworks. For more information regarding compliance, please contact us